Monday, October 1, 2012

Day 1: Cloudette


Hi friends!

Hooray!! It's Day 1 of this fun month we've got ahead of us! I cannot wait for you to see all of the fun things we have coming your way this month! So much goodness.

I'm starting out this month of fun with a great book called Cloudette by Tom Lichtenheld. This was a random find on our last trip to the library, and I think we'll be adding it to our To-Buy list. Abbey loves it.
Cloudette is the story of a little cloud who wants to do big cloud things. Over the course of the book she discovers that even little ones can have important jobs. 

I have seen Cloud Paint all over Pinterest (like here and here) and I knew that this was the perfect time to try it out. 



The paint is simple: equal parts glue (I used clear Elmer's) and shaving gel. Mix it all together and you'll get a nice, fun foam that dries without totally evaporating. So much fun!

Abbey started small then decided she really liked this stuff, especially since she didn't have to put her hands in it! Then she decided that her clouds needed some airplanes.

Is it weird that her grip makes me happy? Yes, I was a teacher...

At this point she pretty much went wild. She painted clouds, contrails (yes, contrails), and "cloud grass"

I think they turned out pretty well!

This paint is definitely a keeper. I've already made at least 3 more batches.

Total Super-Dad moment: Matt took a weekend flight for school a few weekends ago, and took a picture of Cloudette!

Abbey loved it! Such a good Daddy...

Oh! When you have a chance, head over to the website for the author, Tom Lichtenheld. Not only does it list all of his other children's books (which are all going on our library list), but it has FREE activity guides for each one! Woohoo!

Be blessed!

Heather




















It's A Long Story: blogfacebooktwitter

2 comments:

  1. Awww! Matt does sound like a great dad. You guys are lucky! Can't wait to try this. They have used this at my kids preschool, but I never knew how to make it. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!! My daughter would love this, thanks for the inspiration! :) So glad you linked up at Artsy Corner. Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...