Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 5: If You Give a Moose a Muffin


We LOVE Laura Joffe Numeroff books in this house and one of our favorites is "If You Give a Moose a Muffin!" With pictures and a funny storyline to boot, both of my boys love it!

What better way to enjoy this book than to give your little moose a muffin! Here's a delicious recipe for French Vanilla Banana Muffins - scrumptious, easy to make, and finished off in fun cupcake liners. 



French Vanilla Banana Muffins
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 bananas, mashed (I used one frozen, one fresh)
1/2 c. French Vanilla creamer 
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
Generous amounts of cinnamon (I LOVE cinnamon! Adjust for your own taste!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.  In a medium bowl, mix wet ingredients (banana, creamer, egg, vanilla). Add in all dry ingredients (I add cinnamon once everything else is incorporated) and mix well (thank you, KitchenAid mixer).  Divide evenly into muffin pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 


These muffins are moist and yummy! I made 12 and rather than freezing these, I will use them throughout the week. YUM!



Baking in our house is always a great time. Whether it's mixing by hand or using the KitchenAid, getting your kids involved in the everyday tasks of life is a great way to teach as well as bond with them. My boys love to grab a wooden spoon and a bowl to mimic what I do. I can only hope that over time they learn to cook just a little bit better than I do.

Have a favorite muffin? I'd love to give it a try!

Samantha @ The Peanuts Gang


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...