Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day 7: Who Ate All The Cookie Dough?


Hi friends!

Today's book is simple, but we enjoy it. At Abbey's age, I love books with lots of repitition. It gets her listening to the cadence of the book, and I can get her involved in the reading by having her finish the phrases. This is a great book for that!

Today's book is Who Ate All The Cookie Dough by Karen Beaumont.

After reading this book with Abbey, I knew just what kind of activity it was calling for. Play dough!

I started out with my go-to recipe for play dough. I doubled the recipe for this batch, since I knew I was going to split it three ways. FYI: Doubling that recipe will give you a LOT of play dough, and your arm may fall off in the process. Consider yourself warned.

I split the finished batch into three sections, and added the next ingredients to them separately. I just mixed everything together in a ziploc bag. Here's what I added for each "flavor":
        - Gingerbread: cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg
        - Chocolate: cocoa powder
        - Sugar: vanilla extract
Sorry there aren't exact amounts. I just kind of added things until I got the result I wanted.

We busted out the mini cookie cutters and went to town!

I even grabbed our mini cookie sheet (best dollar I've ever spent!) so Abbey could bake her cookies.

This was such a simple, fun activity. It kept Abbey busy, and this play dough lasts forever so we will get a lot more play out of it!

Be blessed!

Heather



It's A Long Story: blogfacebooktwitter

3 comments:

  1. What a great activity. Did she want to eat it? That's what I think would happen if I tried it with my kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She actually did eat a little bit, which is unusual for her. No big deal though, there's nothing in there that can hurt her, and it tastes AWFUL so I can't imagine they will eat much if they do!

      Delete
  2. Yummy, cookie dough! :D

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...