Thursday, May 17, 2012

Flair Magnets

Hello friends!

In case you missed it, I wanted to share my guest post from over at Busily Spinning Momma last week.

Enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I have a super simple tutorial for you today! 
I was recently at a work conference, and over the course of the week I gathered quite a collection of "flair" buttons. You know, the ones with pins on the back. Some of them we just too cute or funny to part with, and they all come with great memories! My bulletin board at work needed some new magnets, and so...Flair  Magnets were born!

This project could not be any easier, I promise!

Start out by gathering your materials.
You will need:
Buttons
Magnets
A wire cutter of some sort
strong glue (I used E-6000, hot glue might work, but I wanted to make sure they were secure)

Start by pulling the pins out of the buttons.

You could probably leave the rest of the pin in their, but I chose to wrestle it out of there. Be carefull, I tore the front of one of my buttons while I did it! Oops!

Now, glue on your magnets.
A little bit of E-6000 goes a long way!

I've found that E-6000 likes to ooze out of the bottle whether I'm squeezing it or not.
Just put it down over another button and it does the work for you! Sweet!

Here are my buttons, all glued and magnet-ed.

I highly recommend doing this project outside if you are using E-6000. That stuff stinks!

Let your magnets dry and cure for about 24 hours.


There you have it! Cute magnets that come with fun memories! 

Thanks so much for letting me hang with you today!

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I'm part of a giveaway over at BSM! Follow the link and scroll down past the first giveaway results to see what you can win, and get a little sneak peek of something I'm working on! YAY!

I'm linking up here, come join me!

Be blessed!

Heather

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I love the buttons that you used, so fun.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I love easy crafts! Thanks for sharing at A Pinteresting Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This totally reminds me of the movie Office Space where Jennifer Aniston has to wear 15 pieces of flair as a waitress at a restaurant called Chotchke's (BEST MOVIE EVER!). People pay good money for magnets with funny sayings so what a great idea to repurpose your buttons into magnets! Love it! Happy to be a new follower and going to pin this right now! -Sarah @ Repeat Crafter Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love simple projects, they make me feel so accomplished! Plus, my fridge might need some prettier magnets, so I'll have to try this. Thanks so much for linking up to A Pinteresting Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...