Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Paint Chip Matching Game


I have seen about a bajillion versions of this super simple game. We're headed up north next weekend with some family, and I wanted to come up with some fun little games that Abbey can play with her cousin, who is a year and a half older than her. We are on a seriously shoestring budget, so when I remembered this game, I knew I just had to make it! I already had clothespins, so this game was completely FREE! Woot!

 Head to the local hardware store and grab some paint chips. I used some from Behr, because I like that they were nice and wide, and I only had to grab one of each color. If you're using skinny paint chips, you'll probably want 2 of each, but it's your call.



I trimmed the rounded edges off of the paint chips, and most of the words. Some colors had really long names, so they didn't all get trimmed away...oh well! I trimmed what was left into a wide strip and a narrow strip. The narrow strip got trimmed into individual colors. These pieces were hot glued onto the clothespins.


Now it's time to play! Abbey LOVES matching all the colors! She still has a hard time pinching the clothespins, but that will improve in no time. Fine motor practice...bonus!



This game could not have been any easier to put together. And nothing beats free fun!



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I LOVE this idea!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this as well! I can't wait to do it. Other project ideas sit in my evernote file for months, but this might really happen!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute,i should recommended it to my freinds

    hoodie

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...