We're here! The end of the alphabet! Let's get to it.
U is for: Under the Sea
Bust out the art supplies and make an under the sea collage like Just For Daisy. Pair it with your favorite books, and even a trip to the aquarium (or the pet section at the grocery store, am I right?) and you have a pretty fun day!
V is for: Vegetables
Who says you can't play with your food? Creative With Kids used them as paintbrushes! It looks like lots of fun, and may even make veggies more approachable for those picky eaters!
W is for: Water
I wanted to choose just one water table post for you, and then I found Caution! Twins at Play's pinboard. You need to go check this out. For real. They are all her ideas, and they are all amazing!
X is for: X-Ray
Abbey has been asking about her bones lately. Actually, it started with her asking about her ears, then moved to cartilage, and then to bones, but you get the point! Marnie from Carrots Are Orange has a great post about learning what's inside.
Y is for: Yoga
While I may not subscribe to the more spiritual aspects of yoga, I have absolutely seen its physical benefits. Kid World Citizen has a great list of ways yoga can benefit kids.
Z is for: Zoo
We're big fans of the zoo in this household. We're blessed to have several nearby, and we take full advantage of them. However, a trip doesn't need to be a day away from home. Check out the ideas for a backyard zoo from The Educator's Spin On It.
Want to catch up on the rest of the fun? Check out the other daily posts.
Day 1: A - E
Day 4: P - T
For even more great ideas check out the rest of the Learning Through Play bloggers
- Baking with Kids from Life at the Zoo
- Bath Activities for Kids from Bath Activities for Kids
- Discovery Bottles from Teach Preschool
- Farming for Children from Glittering Muffins
- Fitness for Kids from 3 Dinosaurs
- Imaginative Play from Train up a Child
- Kids Activities from Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Learning Through Play from Love Play & Learn
- Learning Toys & Manipulatives from This Reading Mama
- Movement Activities for Young Kids from AngeliqueFelix.com
- Play Dough from The Imagination Tree
- Playing with Light from Graham and Parker
- Preschool Play from Its A Long Story
- Sensory Bins from Royal Baloo
- Sensory Play from Creative Play House
- Toddler Activities from Toddler Approved
- Winter Outdoor Play from Pleasantest Thing
To see the full list of KBN bloggers participating in the ABC's series, click the image above.