Monday, September 10, 2012

Dream House: Kids Rooms

Hi friends!

I had a lot of fun putting together today's Dream House installation. There are just so many fun kids rooms out there!

I'm in love with this girls room from Just a Girl. The colors are perfect, and I love the texture from the zebra print rug. It adds some fun, but not holy-cow-in-your-face like black and white zebra print can be.

I love the "built in" look of this bed nook in a dormer room I found at Houzz. I can just imagine being a little girl hiding out in there with my favorite books!

Speaking of little hiding spaces, how great is this playhouse bed from Ana White?! P.S. If you're in looking for some great DIY furniture plans, Ana NEEDS to be your first stop. She has some amazing plans (think Pottery Barn, Ballard, etc...).

I'm also crazy about these bunk beds from Decor Pad. Think about it. The reason you usually opt for bunk beds is to save on space, but they end up being so huge and bulky! These don't take up a ton of visual space, which is great!

These last too aren't complete rooms, but they are kids spaces. I think it's important for kids to have their own space in the house outside of their room, even if it's small. Sometimes separate play tooms aren't an option, and these two spaces bring some definition to other rooms in the house, without completely taking over the room.

This reading nook  from Naptime Decorator, in what looks to be a living room, is adorable! The whole family can be in the same room at the same time, and still feel like they aren't invading each other's space!

And this Creativity Center from Modern Parents, Messy Kids fits right in the corner of their kitchen. How great would that be at dinner time?! Oh, and it's all from IKEA, so you know I'm in love. We already have that table and chairs, so I see one of these in Abbey's future!

Be blessed!

Heather

1 comment:

  1. oh wow! I love all those ideas. we are moving into our new home in November and I can't wait to decorate our little girls room! thanks for the ideas! by the way, I'm a new follower! found ya from Monkeys and Tutus big giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...