Wednesday, March 21, 2012

1LW Wednesdays #12


Hey friends. I am so glad to be back here today.
I feel like life is getting in the way from my blogging lately. 







Monday night I attended a meeting at church and a friend gave me a pamphlet called  " Names of God".

I think this little pamphlet was filled with some of the most amazing words
I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite names for our God. 

Besides the most comfortable like, Lord, Father, Daddy I was really moved by this list of names.

Adonai (ah-doe-ni) meaning The Lord, My Great Lord. God is our total authority! How comforting and reassuring is that. 

Elohim (el-o-heem) meaning Creator, The all powerful one. This is how God is referred in Genesis 1:1. Elohim is found over 2300 times in the Bible referring to God! The is amazing and makes you think that He really wanted us to remember this name! 

El Roi (el Roy) meaning The God who sees me. There are no circumstances n our lives that escape His fatherly awareness and care. Did you hear that NO CIRCUMSTANCE. He is always there, always watching, ;always listening, always caring. 

Jehovah-Jireh  (juh-HO-vah JI-rah) meaning The Lord will provide. God will meet all our needs, not what we THINK we need, but our actual needs. He provided His son Jesus as the ultimate sacrifice. We have no reason to doubt Him. 

Jehovah-Shalom (juh-Ho-vah sha-LOME) meaning The Lord is peace. Jesus is our Prince of Peace. God is the only one who can give us a peace that transcends all understanding. 

Do you have a favorite name for God? maybe it's Emmanuel, YHWH, or friend.
what ever it is we are so blessed to have such a loving heavenly father. 


Thanks, Chrissy!

Alright, now it's your turn! Link us up with your 1LW post!
Don't know what a 1LW is? Check out this post.
Looking for a great place to share your other fun stuff? Check out my 1LW blogging partner Chrissy over at Boerman Ramblings!
Haven't picked a word yet? Go ahead! This is not a time sensitive challenge! Pick a word, write about it, and then come tell us!

Please link back to this post if you're playing along!
Grab a button:










A text link is fine too, if you prefer that!
Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. I have an entire book with the names and info on them, its a great book!

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...