Saturday, August 23, 2014

Sausage and Potato Grill Packs

Hi friends!

I have been trying desperately to avoid turning on my oven this summer. In fact, I've only used it 2 or 3 times since June. I would call that success! In order to do that, I've been using our grill a LOT. However, grilling meat can get expensive, and it can be hard to stretch your budget as far as I'd like. That's why I'm a huge fan of grill packs! This is one of our favorites.


This is actually a modified version of a favorite oven recipe. Abbey loves it and asks for it all the time. She calls it "squishy veggies", but that doesn't sound very appetizing for a blog post!

Here's what you need:
  • Kielbasa, or other smoked sausage
  • white potatoes
  • sweet potatoes
  • carrots
  • other veggies of choice (I like red onions, parsnips, green beans...I've even done apples!)
  • salt & pepper
  • ice cubes
  • aluminum foil
Start by dicing up your veggies. You want them to be as close to the same size as you can get them.


Slice up your kielbasa and divide everything up into foil packets. I got out of this batch. Yay leftovers! Throw a few ice cubes in there, too. They will melt, and then steam, which will help your veggies cook!

Throw those babies on the grill over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft. They take the longest, so everything else should be done by then.

Once everything is nice and squishy (see..."squishy veggies"!), serve them up along side some fruit and you are good to go! No pans to clean up, either. Win!

This dinner goes on our menu plan just about every month. I'm so glad we can keep it during the summer without roasting our kitchen along with it!

Do you make grill packs?
What are your favorites?

Be blessed!
Heather

1 comment:

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...