Saturday, June 23, 2012

Toddler Box 6: Counting Ducks

Hi friends!

Abbey and I have been playing along with the Readathon at MeMeTales. It is so much fun! MeMeTales is a children's e-book app that is available for iPhone, iPod and most e-readers. The app gives you access to tons of books, some for free, and some available for purchase at great prices!
During the readathon you get to "borrow" books each week that fit a certain theme. Every week, new books become available.
This week's theme was animals. Abbey's favorite!! We read The Donkey and The Wolf, The Lion and The Mouse, and 5 Little Ducklings. Abbey was having so much fun counting the ducks that it inspired another Toddler Box!

This one takes a bit more prep work than the other boxes, but I think it's worth it.
I started with some yellow foam, and a duckling outline I found through Google Images.

I cut out the ducks, decorated them with a little fabric paint, and added dots from 1-5. Then I cut out some numbers and glued them onto clothes pins.

This game works in the same way as the Paint Chip Matching Game. Find a match, clip it on!


Abbey loves counting, and this game lets her practice that while working on her fine motor skills. It's simple, and she get's to say "I did it!" all the time while she plays.

I plan on adding 5 more ducks and making the game go up to 10, but I didn't have enough foam for that, so I'll have to pick up some more.

Be Blessed!

Heather

I'm linking up, come play!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this idea! I was just looking at a stack of foam sheets wondering what to use them for! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this idea! Such a great learning activity for counting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some incredible ideas! I saw your guest post and had to stop by! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, love the hole punctures in the ducks!!

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...