Sunday, October 14, 2012

Day 14: Goodnight Moon


One of my favorite books EVER has to be Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown. With the beautiful illustrations and teeny mouse on every page, my boys love to read it over and over again. 
When thinking about an activity for this book, I thought the perfect way to memorialize this classic is through a book of our own. I started to take pictures of things around our home that matched the book, but once I arrived to mush & the old lady rocking, I thought better of it. 

Instead, I made our very own "Goodnight Book" with pictures of all the special people in our lives (including a few surprises).  It's very simple to put together and you may already have some of the supplies at home.

Here's what you need:

One 4x6 Photo Album (choose a design you love!)
Multi-purpose labels
Pictures of the ones you love!


For the cover, I had some spare scrapbooking stickers and let Charlie choose the ones he liked. I simply titled it, "Goodnight Book." 


Now for the writing. This is extremely simple. Place the pictures in the album in whatever order you would like. Then place a label on each page over the plastic (you may have to cut them down to fit the page). On each page, I simply wrote "Goodnight, _________________" and then inserted whoever it was. Below we have daddy, a Lego Spongebob, and the boys' cousin, Ethan. 


I hope you enjoy creating your own Goodnight Book! I can't wait to add this one to our nightly bedtime routine. Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Share it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...